WHY PEOPLE MARRY (Reasons you may not even imagine)

I once joked with a younger neighbor that he was going to enjoy cooking for his wife when he gets married, his reply was sharp and stunning. "Am not going to get married" he yelled back. Why? I asked curiously, "the woman will drain me of my money" was his sincere response. 

Smiles spread across my cheeks as I carefully thought his reply through, he didn't have an idea why people get married. Even many grownups today at marriageable age do not have a substantial reason for why they want to get married, the most common response is "we're in love!" 

Individuals get married for several reasons, what could be the commonest reason you feel you should get married for (answer sincerely or I'll speak your mind). It could be for social, emotional, sexual, religious, spiritual, financial, or legal reasons. The most essentials are;
  • For intimate companionship
  • For procreation (childbearing and rearing)
  • For mutual support for both partners in fulfilling lives purpose.

When we ask an individual why they are getting married to their proposed spouse, the most common reply is "we're in love", only if we could realize that "in love" as a reason for marriage is not adequate. It certainly can kick start a marital relationship, but can it make it last the test of time. The "in love" feeling, when it fades always brings one back to that selfsame question. Why did I even get married? Better now than never right?

WITH WHAT MINDSET SHOULD WE GET MARRIED?

The basic requirement for both a lasting and blissful marriage is happiness, and the foundation from which this can be truly harnessed is a life committed to its creator. Without these basics, all is just a matter of trial and error without security and a high risk of a broken heart. From these troubles many ideologies are formed such as "every man has an innate nature to cheat", "they are not a man that does not cheat" and loads more.

I must marry having these mindsets;

Ø  That I am ready to spend the rest of my life with this partner

Ø  That I will raise a spiritually, psychologically and mentally healthy beautiful kids

Ø  That I have a responsibility to make my partner the best person that ever existed

Ø  That my partner becomes my best friend and takes the first place in my life, indecision and attention and affection.

Ø  That I'll be a support to my spouse and bring about emotional stability and security

Ø  That I'll protect my spouse and children from all vices

Ø  That I'll contribute my quarter to the society which includes my spouse’s family

On considering this thing, marriage becomes rather a responsibility than just the fun package we see it as. And with the right questions, you would be better braised for the journey ahead and as such, plan to make your marriage as blissful as you dream it to be.

I hope you enjoyed this article?

To get notification on new related articles, do well to subscribe.

Please drop a comment on what you feel should be discussed further, any contributions, and corrections. I'll be happy to connect with you.


Comments

  1. A beautiful piece, very inspiring and educative. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will go a long way in educating our young ones, have them know their purpose in any relationship they are trying to embark on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'll appreciate you leave a comment:

Popular posts from this blog

MARRIAGE WITHOUT ARGUMENT: Is it possible to have a marriage with little or no argument?

Is there just one person created for you: The truth about "the missing rip"

The necessity of consulting your pastor before marriage: Responsibility of pastors to intending couples

Feel Free to Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *